Dr Johan Prangley attended high school in Durban, whereafter he studied at the Durban University of Technology, graduating with a Masters in Chiropractic. After working in Windhoek, Namibia for 15 months, he joined the chiropractic practice as an associate in November 2011. Johan took ownership of Bellville Chiropractic in November 2013.
“I am a determined young man, who always sets high goals and standards and I do my best to achieve them. I enjoy engaging with people on a personal and work related level. I have always been highly motivated in what I do and my strengths in my past activities and interactive procedures with people have always made me stronger as a person. The confidence that I gain from this makes me grow within myself.”
If you are looking for a Chiropractor in the Northern suburbs of Cape Town, please visit our practice and see how we can help you.
Dr J Prangley has a particular interest in treating athletes and sports conditioning. He has been involved with the Ladies National Hockey Team in Namibia as well as preparing the Namibian National Rugby Team for the World Cup in New Zealand in 2011.
He has also been involved with Collegians Rugby Club in Durban (2010 semi-finalists), United Rugby Club in Windhoek (2011 semi-finalists), and Windhoek High School (2011 Super League Champions).
- 2 years Internship- Mario Milani Internship Award from the Allied Health Professions Council of South Africa.
Master’s qualification was obtained 17 August 2010.
- Dissertation title: “The primary headaches in Allied Health students at the Durban University of Technology (DUT)”. I, therefore, have a very good understanding of how to diagnose and manage migraine, tension and cluster type headaches, which are the most common headaches experienced by a given population.
- 18 months as an associate at the Natural Health Clinic in Windhoek.
- 2 years as an associate at Bellville Chiropractic, before taking over the practice November 2013.
- Collegians Premier Rugby Club in Durban – Team Chiropractor (2nd team).
- Windhoek High School 1st Rugby Team - Team Chiropractor and Conditioning Coach.
- United Premier Rugby Club in Windhoek - Team Chiropractor and Conditioning Coach.
- Namibian National Rugby Team - Assistant Conditioning Coach, working alongside Craig White (ex-Walsh, Irish, and British and Irish Lions conditioning coach) and Chris Brown (ex-Pukke, Leopards, Namibian National Rugby Team, Kenyan 7's and USA 7's conditioning coach) in preparation for the RWC in New Zealand.
- Namibian National Hockey Team (Ladies) - Conditioning Coach – Preparation for the World Cup in Germany).
- Various sporting events including: swimming, running, cycling, rugby festivals, softball, athletics and surfing.
- Most extra courses/modules done involve analysing or treating athletes ( Lyno-Therapy, Kinesio-Taping, Biopuncture, Dynamic Neuromuscular Stimulation etc.) and treatment techniques of the spine (further chiropractic techniques).